Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Music Wednesday: Rodrigo y Gabriela + Research Challenge

Posting 2 days in a row=extremely productive week. Lately I have been fueled by natural energy originating in excitement, stress, and running [I ran cross country competitively for 11 years. My last season was Fall 2010]. Of course, I have had some additional help from coffee and all natural Steaz energy drinks.

Overwhelmed and exhausted, my mind needed some relief to allow for a restoration of innovative thinking. Therefore, I bring your attention to the amazing duo Rodrigo y Gabriela. The two started in a metal band in Mexico, and then joined the musician life in Dublin. Their inspirations include classics like Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and many more incredible artists from all over the world. Wordless songs and pure acoustic sounds, their songs are perfect for focusing your mind and energy. One review states, "The key to their success is bringing a rocker's high-energy attitude to songs beautifully rendered on classical guitars."

"Hanuman" from their newest album 11:11 is the song that sparked my interest...


And I love the official music video of "Diablo Rojo"



Upcoming challenge: Joni from Nursetopia recommended that I take on Nursing Idea's Nursing Research Challenge. I have committed to one research article each week. It's perfect timing because I have been waiting to read an article in the newest edition of Nursing Research, which just arrived this week at my school's library. The bloggers of Those Emergency Blues and Nurse Story have also taken on the challenge. Keep an eye out for my first article in the challenge!

And here's the remainder of my week: Focus in on taking on new challenges and experiences [to build confidence] while taking in the glorious sounds of Rodrigo y Gabriela.

[If you missed the first "Music Wednesday" be sure to check it out!]