Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm Back!

I'm back! My apologies for the long delay in posting. Since my last post, much has happened in regards to my nursing career. I am a strong believer in hard work (thanks to my parents and grandparents), especially as I graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor's of science in nursing. It was rough towards the end, with one rough week of finishing up my evidence based research paper on service learning and cultural competency after a night shift clinical (later received an A on the paper). In the end, it was all worth it! Most exciting however, was passing NCLEX (!!!) and officially being a registered nurse in the state of Georgia.

Despite the lack of job leads and indecisiveness about relocating, I am hopeful and excited for my future as a registered nurse. I recently read a book-Six Months in Sudan-during my long twelve hour home health care shifts, and it renewed my goals and dreams. I will share my thoughts on this with you soon. Now I'm off to work quite a bit in the next several days, but please check back in the near future for a new post.

Happy 4th of July!! God Bless America! And much love and support to all in our military (in particular several of my friends and their loved ones).

---Anne, RN BSN