Monday, January 24, 2011

Random Links to Check Out

1. I have another professor that's a fan of concept maps [For more info-See this post]. My prof recommended this site today. You can actually create your own concept map online. The site is basic & easy to use. Another plus is that you end up with a neat, colorful map that's easy to read. This site would be great for creating concept maps to put up in your room, office, or workplace as a visual reference and informational guide.


2. Yet again, Invisible Children has led me to an interesting site. IfItWereMyHome.com allows you to compare what your life in the United States would be like if you had been born in another country. And it's not just developing countries. Canada happens to be the featured country of the week. I'm pretty Irish, so what if I were born in Ireland? Turns out I would have a greater chance for being unemployed and make less money, but I would have more free time and even live just a little bit (0.17 years) longer!