Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reasons Why

I have made two previous attempts at blogging to accomplish the goal of documenting and sharing my experiences in foreign countries. For a while now, there has been a nagging desire to start blogging about my interests and questions, and my relating experiences. I am not the most eloquent conversationalist when it comes to relaying my complex thoughts. Consequently, I often feel frustrated that I cannot effectively express my thoughts or current questioning about a topic.

The final push that drove a simple self-nagging to writing this post was a Christmas gift. My innovative and highly intelligent big brother gave me a book entitled The Art of Non-Conformity by Christ Guillebeau. The cover of the book boasts "Set your own rules; live the life you want; and change the world." (More about the way of thinking I identified with in this book later. Until then, check out the sidebar for his website.)

My past experiences have shaped my view of the world, and therefore are continually affecting my unique approach to life. Your experiences-not limited to the workplace or classroom-provide you with powerful tools to change your future and that of others. Ultimately, this is why I want to share my ideas and questions about the world with you. I want to provoke change and innovative action alongside you-the nursing student, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, nurse practitioner.

I approach this blog's goals with the awareness and belief that a person's worldview is altered after learning and applying the principles of nursing. Becoming a nurse enters you into a field that has the ability to extend beyond the workplace. Nursing intertwines with the dimensions of your life. Utilizing your highly individualized background can help you pursue the changes you imagine in the future.